Submit A Story
Submissions are: CLOSED
- Theme: Megastructures
- Deadline: November 1st
- Payment: 1 cent/word
- Length: 1,000 - 10,000 words
- Story format: .rtf | .txt | .docx | .pages
- Number of stories: We allow one (1) story per author per issue.
- Results: We'll get in touch with you via email two weeks past the deadline.
- Rights: We purchase first electronic print, serial print, and audio rights (podcasts). These rights are exclusive for a period of six (6) months following the date of publication, after which they remain as non-exclusive rights for a period of three (3) years following the date of publication.
While we read every story submitted, we look for and encourage writers to try to abide by certain standards:
- Topic: The given theme is purposefully vague, as it should be a loose guide for you and not a strict rule--don't feel threatened by it. As long as your story is related in some way, you are free to let your imagination roam.
- Quality: We aim to publish well-written stories with a good flow and engaging plot that are strong enough to stand alone. Most of all, we value expriencing a "feeling of satisfaction" after finishing a story.
- Concepts: We prefer stories that "break the mold” and experiment with concepts out of the ordinary. We also appreciate humor and a positive outlook of humanity simply because there is so little of it.
- Questions: Should you have any doubts or questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected], and we'll lend a hand.
To submit a story, send an email to [email protected] with the following:
- Email subject: "[Submission] Name of story - Author's name" without the quotes.
For example: [Submission] The Last Question - Isaac Asimov.
- Attachment: The story must be attached in one of the formats specified in the guidelines.
- Body: Please add 1) If the story is a reprint. 2) A brief story synopsis. 3) Anything else you deem relevant.
Subscribe to our Newsletter - We'll notify you when an issue is out!